Adam Zenor is a partner in the firm’s trial division. Adam’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, white collar criminal defense, trial work, and appellate practice. He has litigated all manner of cases and secured over 25 trial verdicts for his clients in Iowa’s state and federal courts. Adam has also successfully litigated more than 10 appeals in Iowa’s appellate courts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. He is a Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He is a Fellow in the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers.
In his civil practice, Adam represents individuals and businesses in wide-ranging matters including bad faith, breach of contract, construction, coverage issues, dram shop, employment, false claims act, fire, health law, medical malpractice, professional negligence, products and premises liability, qui tam, semi truck collisions, serious personal injury, and wrongful death. Where appropriate, he has successfully defended clients in motion practice – often obtaining summary dismissal or otherwise trying cases to verdict. Recent examples include:
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of an Iowa business owner as to claims in tort and contract.
- Securing a defense directed verdict in state court on behalf of a Des Moines business owner in a premises liability matter post-Thompson.
- Winning a defense jury verdict in federal court on behalf of an insurer that appropriately denied claimed benefits.
In his criminal practice, Adam represents individuals and businesses in white collar matters. While his focus is primarily on assisting clients on issues presented in health care and finance/banking sectors, he also represents clients facing challenges in a host of other industries, including agriculture, gaming, government relations, immigration, information technology, and manufacturing. Recent examples include:
- Winning full acquittal in federal court on charges of felon in possession of a firearm.
- Winning full acquittal in state court on charges of domestic abuse.
- Securing full dismissal on behalf of a local healthcare provider for allegations of improper medical coding.
Adam publishes and presents on legal issues and developments across Iowa. Most recently, he has co-authored two law review articles on the First Amendment. The first focuses on the evolution of protections on speech in the digital age. The second focuses on the free exercise portion of the religion clause. Adam also recently presented for the Iowa Bar Association on the topic of legal ethics.
Adam is actively involved in the Polk County Bar Association and the Iowa State Bar Association. He is an Officer of the Polk County Bar Association. He has been appointed to serve on the Iowa State Bar Association’s Board of Governors.