Sean Corpstein is a partner in the firm’s trial division. His practice focuses on complex civil litigation, trial work, appellate practice, and white collar criminal defense. Most recently, Sean was admitted to the Civil Justice Act Federal Defender’s Panel.
In his civil practice, Sean represents individuals and businesses in a wide-array of matters, including breach of contract, business disputes, bad faith, dram shop, employment, false claims act, health law, products and premises liability, administrative matters, personal injury, and wrongful death.
In his criminal practice, Sean represents individuals and businesses in white collar matters. Prior to joining the firm, Sean clerked for Chief District Court Judge Leonard T. Strand in the Northern District of Iowa.
What three words best describe you?
- Passionate, diligent, and attentive.
Where are you from?
- Anamosa, Iowa
What was your first job?
- I worked at a local restaurant, McOtto’s Family Restaurant, waiting tables.
Why did you decide to become an attorney?
- I participated in mock trial in sixth grade and enjoyed the challenge.
What do you like most about Grefe & Sidney?
- We have a very collective environment that provides a full perspective in assisting our clients.
What are you most proud of professionally?
- Securing the dismissal of a premises liability claim against my client at the district court level and having that dismissal affirmed by the Iowa Supreme Court.
Sean can be reached at SCorpstein@grefesidney.com. Learn more about Sean and our other attorneys by visiting https://grefesidney.com/our-team/.